Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tuesday Arrival

After a long (um, very long) plane ride on South African Air, I arrived with several new friends :) in Johannesburg at the big, beautiful, modern, clean Oliver Tambo Airport. I made it through immigration easily, found my bag, and changed some USD for ZAR (South African Rand). The exchange rate is beyond my comprehension, and it's a little disconcerting to be carrying around so very many Rand!



We all gathered at the appointed spot and headed for the bus. A thirty-minute bus ride in the dark through Johannesburg took us to our upscale comfortable hotel. It's exciting and completely unreal to be in Africa, but I sure wish I could SEE it!



On another note, it seems that the country's soccer team is staying on our floor here at the Southern Sun Grayston. We hear they're playing Ghana tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment