Monday, August 2, 2010

A Week from Today . . .


After six months of planning, learning and anticipation, a week from today I'll be on my way to South Africa! I'm joining a People to People professional delegation on a ten-day visit to Johannesburg and Cape Town. Unbelievable.

I look forward to exchanging ideas and information about Language and Literacy Education with counterparts, to immersing myself in the culture of this remarkable country, to viewing the beautiful landscape, to visiting historical sites, and to experiencing the sights and sounds and tastes of Africa. Amazing.

So as this weeks moves on, I'll need to finally come to a conclusion about what type of clothing one wears as an August winter evolves into spring, what exactly one does on a 19-hour plane ride, and if I've actually remembered to take care of all the details about leaving familiar surroundings behind to take off once again into the unknown. Exciting.

4 comments:

  1. I love the background design and colors! Nice job and i'm looking forward to reading about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think it's ready to go public.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the South Africa Reading and Viewing section.

    ReplyDelete